frequently asked questions
1. Could a faceplate become clogged with particles?
It is unlikely that a faceplate will become clogged with particles. However, AntrumEYE monitoring software sends a notification when air is not being sampled from a given room/space, prompting facilities personnel to examine the faceplate.
2. A large space may need more than one faceplate. How do you determine how many?
Use the number of thermostats in the space to determine the number of required faceplates.
3. What is the distance limitation from the faceplate to the monitoring panel?
The distance limit is 300 feet.
4. What is the distance limitation from the air accelerator to the monitoring panel.
The distance limit is 100 feet.
5. What is the distance limitation from the air accelerator (AA) to the air supply and exhaust ducts?
The distance limit is 50 feet.
6. How much supply duct static pressure is necessary to create the suction needed for the air accelerator?
A minimum of 0.5″ of supply duct static pressure is required.
7. Does the air accelerator need to be connected to the exhaust duct?
It is not mandatory for commercial installations, but highly recommended if available.
8. Where should the air accelerator be connected to the ductwork?
In the main header, upstream of any VAV boxes or branch ductwork
9. How is AntrumX an energy saving solution?
AntrumX facilitates real-time demand control ventilation, allowing building managers to re-write the min. and max. ventilation rate each time a room’s air is sampled.
10. How often do I have to replace the sensors?
We recommend an annual monitoring panel inspection and sensor calibration through our AntrumEYE subscription service with an Antrum partner. Sensors should be replaced every 8 years.
11. How long is the AntrumX warranty?
Antrum offers a 24-month product warranty due to a defect in material or workmanship resulting from normal use.
12. What mobile devices does AntrumEYE support?
AntrumEYE is available on Android and iOS devices.